7 weeks pregnant!

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Vashalla
    Participant

It’s been a long time since I’ve posted here, but I wanted to let you all know that I’m about 7 weeks pregnant! The first few weeks after we found out, it really didn’t feel all that real yet. After all, I’m not showing yet, and I barely even have any morning sickness. I would just get tired and sleepy in the middle of the day. The only reason I knew I was still pregnant is because my period still hadn’t come.

Now at 7 weeks, it’s feeling pretty real. I’m still not having much actual nausea, but my tummy tends to get upset really easily, things smell just a little stronger, and I think some things taste a little different now. We’ve also toured the birthing center we hope to use, and have our first appointment next Thursday. Please keep your fingers crossed that everything goes well for me!

I’m pretty excited about the OB practice I’m working with (if anyone in Austin, TX needs a recommendation for an OB/GYN, OBGYN North is excellent!). They’re very much in favor of supporting their patients decisions, whether it’s to have a fully natural childbirth in their birthing center, or whether it’s to go with an epidural (for example) in a hospital setting. So long as all goes well, I’m fully planning to have a natural childbirth in their birthing center, but as a woman with vaginismus, I’m also pretty nervous about it. They have nitrous oxide available, but otherwise don’t offer any pain medication in the birthing center, so I’ll have to rely on my own (and my husband’s) labor preparation to get me through.

Does anyone have experience with natural childbirth and the different methods like Lamaze or the Bradley method?

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

Congratulations! After struggling for 10 years you won the battle!
    I have had a number of patients who have delivered babies vaginally either by natural childbirth or with an epidural. A C-section is generally not needed unless there are circumstances where the doctor feels it is safer. It would be of great interest to hear from the others.

Vashalla
    Participant

Thank you, Dr. Pacik! I’m definitely interested to hear if anyone here has been able to do natural childbirth after vaginismus. One of the methods I’m really considering is hypnobirthing. It seems like it would be a really good fit for handling the extra anxiety that I would have.

Janet Pacik
    Participant

HypoBirthing has always been of interest to me. I did a little research and found this very informative YouTube on the subject. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYgL0ZlHaUo&list=FL_gMyiedzExzmnIypbF-3tw

heatherjeffcoatdpt
    Participant

Congratulations, Vashalla! That is excellent news indeed. Thank you for sharing.
    I have had many patients go on to successful vaginal delivery (if not most of them). Having vaginismus does not preclude this from happening. I’ve even had patients choose home birth as an option. Hypnobirthing is another great option.

Heather34
    Participant

Huge CONGRATS to you Vashalla!!!

Vashalla
    Participant

Thanks! My little dude is now 2 1/2 months old as of today, and we did have a successful vaginal birth using Hypnobabies. I did end up having to get an epidural due to some unavoidable complications, but that didn’t prevent my body from being able to give birth to a 9lb, 9oz baby boy 🙂

I would definitely recommend Hypnobabies as a birthing method for expecting moms with vaginismus. Definitely kept me in a good place mentally and physically.

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

You have made many valuable contributions to the Forum in the past. I am delighted that you now have a precious little baby. My heart goes out to you.
    (Others can read Vashalla’s posts by just doing a search on the Forum with her name.)

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Vashalla! This is so, so wonderful! Huge Congrats to you. Our little guy turned 6 months old this past Saturday and is such a joy! I love what you wrote concerning Hypnobirthing for expecting moms with vaginismus. I love reading all of your posts so much. What other advice do you have for expectant moms with vaginismus? How about those trying to conceive? Sending you hugs today Vashalla!!! :):):)

Heather34
    Participant
    Quote:
    Quote from Vashalla on November 3, 2015, 11:54
    Thanks! My little dude is now 2 1/2 months old as of today, and we did have a successful vaginal birth using Hypnobabies. I did end up having to get an epidural due to some unavoidable complications, but that didn’t prevent my body from being able to give birth to a 9lb, 9oz baby boy 🙂

I would definitely recommend Hypnobabies as a birthing method for expecting moms with vaginismus. Definitely kept me in a good place mentally and physically.

Hi Vashalla. Happy Friday! I hope you are doing well. I was wondering if you had any thoughts and advice for Stephanie, who posted today:

“Hello everyone I’m stephanie , I am 4years post procedure and 24 weeks pregnant! I have been thinking about my birth plan. And with all this anxiety I have with hospitals and doctors and the bad experiences I have had, I’ve been thinking that I want to go the midwife route. I want to birth in a birth center disguised as a home. I would like to not be confined to a bed maybe water birth and just be able to be comfortable and roam as I please and let my body do what it needs to do on its own. With that said there would be no epidural.

my OBGYN said that she’s had patients like me with vaginismus and that she’s done c sections on them. Or that the best thing would be to get an epidural because I have vaginal spasms. She really didn’t give me any options and just told me that I HAVE to have it on a bed that there was no other way. And who knows maybe that will be the place I end up on. But I think that I would do a lot better in a place that is calm and no rushing in and out and with many options.”

View Post Here: http://www.vaginismusmd.com/support/vaginismus-md-forum/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=1117

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.