A new milestone!

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    jessbee
    Participant

Today I reached a new milestone after 11 days post procedure! As much as I hate my menstrual period, I was anxiously anticipating the arrival of my period for the first time after my procedure. I really wanted to know if I was now capable of wearing tampons. and guess what?! I sure am. I insert them like its nothing. Compared to the dilators they are tiny and actually comfortable. I can’t believe it is this easy for normal women all the time. I almost wanted to post it on facebook hahaha 🙂

kelseroo
    Participant

Congratulations! Isn’t it awesome to be able to wear tampons now? I still can’t get over the fact that I could go swimming while on my period now. So awesome! (I had my procedure in April, so I have had a few periods since then.) I’m so happy for you! These little benchmarks of progress really make a difference!

Heather34
    Participant

This is excellent jessbee. Being able to wear tampons, especially in the summer time to enjoy swimming, is such a wonderful feeling! :):):)

23years
    Participant

TAMPONS=WINNER!

Congratulations!

Nakitalab
    Participant

That is awesome jessbee! What great news! Isn’t it an amazing feeling of accomplishment?! So happy for you!

jessbee
    Participant

thank you ladies! yes, it is quite a relief…i was a little nervous with a little fear that I would have trouble or hit that “wall” again. but i had nothing to worry about, smooth sailing 😉

mayra
    Participant

Hi, I’m wondering if you had any trouble with leaking while wearing a tampon? I tried a small one and the next size up and I leaked both times. Should I try a bigger one or could it be that it is not up high enough?

KatieG07
    Participant

Mayra it might not be in far enough. I always wear a panti liner til I know I have it in right.

Katie

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Mayra. Some additional advice from Ellen regarding tampons in a prior post that may be helpful for you:

“Try tampons on one of your moderate flow days, always use back up of a pad at first and then a panty liner once you are more comfortable with the tampon insertion. Pay close attention to the angle of your insertion… Just like the dilator you need to angle towards your rectum and then in and up. You may also need to try different brands to find the best one for you. Like me for example, I used the same brand for years until I had children then they did not feel comfortable and were not easy to insert. It took several different brands before I found one I could comfortably use. Patience is the key to tampons… It will happen, just don’t force it.”

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.