Botox Treatment Program for Vaginismus is Not Surgery

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Tips for Future Vaginismus Patients Botox Treatment Program for Vaginismus is Not Surgery

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi all. When I first found Dr. Pacik and decided to have the Botox treatment program for vaginismus, I kept saying to my hubby that I was having surgery and I just had so much anticipatory anxiety and fear. One of these fears that Dr. P and Ellen cleared up for us is that the treatment program is not actually surgery. Doctor Pacik has written about this on the Forum as well and I wanted to share his thoughts to relieve anxiety that others may have as well:

Dr. Pacik writes:

“[M]ost of the time there is NO surgery, just injections using a tiny needle and progressive dilation under anesthesia. The needle is a 30 gauge insulin needle which diabetics use to inject themselves with insulin. Even when awake you can hardly feel the tiny puncture wound. At times there is a constricting hymenal ring which needs to be released. Here too a simple snip is made on the sides, no sutures and no discomfort. I think there are many who think the treatment is more than it is.”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.