Consistent spotting after dilating and all around new to vaginismus- help?

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Dilating Consistent spotting after dilating and all around new to vaginismus- help?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Phoebe_Alice
    Participant

Hello all!

This is all extremely new to me and I’m looking for some support. For background, I am 22 years old and only began to be sexually active literally this month when I got a new partner. This is also when I figured out I had vaginismus, which I had thankfully heard of only a few months prior so I had some idea of what was going on when I couldn’t have penetrative sex.

I know I’m a bit late to the party, but I just wasn’t ready to be intimate before. There’s thankfully nothing mentally holding me back from the deed itself, only my body. There’s so many questions I have but I can’t seem to find any answers anywhere until I found this website. It’s been a lifesaver in all honesty.

I ordered the Femmax kit from Amazon and have been dilating every other day since the 8th of May and doing pelvic floor exercises every day. I’ve been doing okswith the first size and decided to move up to the second a couple days ago with relatively no pain after the initial insertion. I am however concerned with the spotting I’ve experienced.

I started my period last week and continued dilating throughout. Something to note is I didn’t have periods for over a year prior to this year due to a medical condition, so I could be paranoid- but it’s been over a week now and I’m still spotting (old blood) which leads me to believe it’s from dilating. I have no internal pain at all, there is only blood.

Is this normal? Should I stop dilating until the spotting has stopped? I’m incredibly paranoid to the point it makes me anxious that I’m going to lose all progress if I give myself a break. But I also feel like I’d be reassured if I could just go to the bathroom and there be no blood again so I can restart.

Thank you all!

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Hi Phoebe_Alice! Welcome to the forums! I’m so glad you’ve found information here that’s useful and that dilating is largely going well. I am hoping one of the doctors from the clinic will chime in here to confirm, but I think that in a lot of instances spotting is normal. Pain is a strong indicator that something is wrong, so if you’re not feeling sharp or excessive pain when dilating, it’s likely fine. Definitely something to ask a gynecologist about if it keeps persisting though!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.