Cost of treatmenr

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Cost of treatmenr

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    emgb93
    Participant

Hello,
    Has anyone recently had the procedure done and knows a cost? How does insurance play into this? Do they usually help or is this all out of pocket? I haven’t been able to find any other places that perform this on the east coast either. Any insight is appreciated! Thanks

Hope2022
    Participant

Hi Emgb93,
    I’m from Asia where treatment for vaginismus is limited. My OBGYN suggested I do vaginal Botox injection under anesthesia with Hymenectomy since it was even impossible for my doctor to examine me. Unfortunately, this treatment is not covered in my insurance. I have to pay USD4,100 for the procedure and I purchased 1 medium size silicon dilator for USD230. The botox injections helps since I am able to insert a dilator now. Unfortunately, I am still working on penetration with my partner. I’m thinking to see a physiotherapist if no progress on my dilator treatment. I hope this helps! Good luck on your chosen treatment.

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Hi emgb93 – I had the botox procedure under anesthesia about 6 and a half years ago and it was about $6,000 – but I think the price has dropped over time due to advancements and efficiencies. I was not able to have any of it paid by insurance – many companies will consider it “cosmetic” or optional, so you will likely have to pay out of pocket.

The price will also depend on where in the country you get it and whether or not it involves being under anesthesia and other factors, so it’s definitely worth asking around since there isn’t one set price. Hope this helps you get started at least!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.