Daily Question (1/9/12) – Ob/Gyn Exams

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Daily Questions About Vaginismus Daily Question (1/9/12) – Ob/Gyn Exams

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. Today’s question is about gynecological exams. I, like several of you, had bad experiences with ob/gyn exams and tests pre-procedure. I would usually get very anxious, my legs would clamp shut, and I would leave the appointment in tears. Post-procedure, everything is different now (thank God). While I don’t need to anymore, I actually dilate for a while before the exam with either blue or pink and it has worked well every time. This is still a surreal experience to be able to now have a successful exam when it was entirely impossible in the past. Ladies, what have been your experiences post-procedure with gynecological exams? Are there any tips that you can give to someone going to their first ever exam following the procedure (i.e. dilating, deep-breathing exercises, etc.)?

<3
    Participant

I am 26 days post procedure and have yet to make an appointment for a gynelogical exam. At what point post procedure did you go to the gynecologist? I am assuming that since it is a fear of many people with vaginismus that it should occur while the Botox is still active. Would that be a good assumption?

Heather34
    Participant

@ Randa, this is another great question. I went to the gynecologist 4 months post-procedure. By this point, I believe the botox was out of my system and I also went again a couple of days ago for a follow-up (botox is now entirely out of my system). Both experiences were entirely pain-free, which I never experienced pre-procedure. I believe, that even without the botox being active, as long as you dilate for a while in advance, the exam will go very well. I’d love to hear from other members of their experiences, thoughts, and suggestions? Excellent post Randa!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.