Dilation Sets – You Have Choices!

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Dilating Dilation Sets – You Have Choices!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick reminder that if you are dilating but uncomfortable with the dilator material, you can ask your provider (or do your own research using reputable sources) for another suggestion.

We all have different sensitivities and preferences, so exercise your right to learn about what’s best for YOU!!

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Great point, Jennifer! I had a good experience with the silicone dilators in the Pure Romance set and struggled a lot with a hard plastic dilator I was using as an in-between size. All dilators are NOT created equal, and I liked that the silicone was more pliable and felt somewhat more similar to skin.

MostSensitiveWoman
    Participant

Does anyone have recommendations for specific brands of silicone dilators? Inspire Silicone Dilator Kit and VWELL Silicone Pelvic Floor Muscle Dilator Exercise Trainer (5-Set) are supposed to be soft since it’s silicone but apparently there’s many comments saying it’s too hard! Anyone find a brand that is silicone AND is soft enough for a very sensitive vagina with vaginismus?

mazemelissa

All of the silicone sets seem similar in feel to me. Pure romance, inspire, Vwell, and intimate rose all have a firm enough texture to dilate, but don’t have the feeling of hard plastic.

The dilators need to be firm to push through the vaginal muscles, if the dilator is too soft, it would not be able to penetrate the vaginal entrance.

Our patients at Maze receive the pure romance dilator set with the Botox procedure. I have received a lot of feedback that this set of dilators is “much better than any plastic set”, and “very comfortable”.

I do like the intimate rose and vwell sets. Vwell also makes an XL kit which is great if you have a very large partner.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.