Does anyone have trouble sitting with Vaginismus?

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Daily Questions About Vaginismus Does anyone have trouble sitting with Vaginismus?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    missa05200
    Participant

Does anyone else have trouble sitting on hard surfaces with Vaginismus?

23years
    Participant

I can say I know exactly what you describe. I mentioned this in another post. Yes I’ve had diff with discomfort pain and pressure, even burning with sitting. The only relief was to put or sleep with an ice pack between my legs to stop the sensation to my brain. That was in my twenties. It got a little better with time but I still, 23 yrs later, before Dr Pacik, I would have discomfort with sitting on hard edges of chairs or edges of couches. Couldn’t think of riding a bike or wearing jeans, and of course penetration. It was burning pain discomfort.

I can relate.

missa05200
    Participant

Thank you so much for writing. I’ve felt very a alone for awhile. I also have hemorrhoids that go into muscle spasms and it adds to trouble of sitting on hard surfaces. I work in a office for 8 hours a day and it makes my job difficult.

savin3
    Participant

I honestly thought I was the only one!! I’ve experienced severe discomfort when sitting cross legged particularly, this dates back to before my diagnosis with V. You’re not alone with this symptom! 🙂

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

Pain with sitting may be due to other problems such as vulvodynia. A “Q-tip test” is done to help diagnose vulvodynia. However women with severe vaginismus have so much fear and anxiety having this simple test that it is common to have a false positive test. More can be read by linking to http://www.vaginismusmd.com/is-it-vulvodynia-or-vaginismus/

Heather34
    Participant

Hi missa05200. This is an excellent question. Dr. Pacik, you mention the Q-tip test being done to help diagnose vulvodynia as a symptoms of vulvodynia is pain while sitting on hard surfaces. However, if a woman also has severe vaginismus and cannot undergo this test due to fear and anxiety, what would be her options?

hatevaginismus
    Participant

yes

Heather34
    Participant

Hi hatevaginismus! Welcome to the Forum! I so, so, so hate vaginismus too. While I did not have pain with sitting while I had vaginismus, several other Forum members have said that they experienced this. If you haven’t already, I would suggest contacting Maze and working with them in any way possible (914-328-3700). So importantly and such a rarity from so many other providers is the fact that they understand and are extremely knowledgeable about the condition of vaginismus and they care and want us all to be successful in overcoming. Please know that you have my support as well as the support of the Forum.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.