Estrace and its generic: Estradiol

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Menopausal Vaginismus Estrace and its generic: Estradiol

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Westtexas
    Participant

Estrace (vaginal estrogen creme) has been great! However, it costs $330.00 for about a month’s use. 45 grams, at a dosage of 2 grams each use, twice a week, sometimes three times a week. I looked for a generic. Found Estradiol, which is available through some online pharmacy companies, including: daynightdrugs.com. See: http://daynightdrugs.com/index.php Daynight drugs seems legit, with someone answering my written questions by email.

Question: has anyone here used Estradiol? And / or this internet pharmacy?

Estradiol, the generic, costs so much less. About one-tenth of the cost of Estrace. It is delivered in a concentrated form, because the Estradiol is one-tenth the strength of the active ingredient in Estrace. Even at the concentrated level, it costs a fraction of what Estrace costs. Before I ask my doctor for a prescription, I wanted to put the question out here. Thanks.

Cost is an issue, but not insurmountable.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Westtexas. How are you doing? I know we have chatted in other threads and I wanted to know if you ended up switching from Estrace to Estradiol? If so, what are your thoughts? Sending you hugs today!

mazemelissa

I always prefer Estrace, but when cost is an issue, I have switched patients from Estrace to compounded estradiol and have had primarily good results. I would just ensure you are using a certified compounding pharmacy with a good reputation. I have never had experience with the pharmacy mentioned in the post. I have used Innovation Compounding, http://www.innovationcompounding.com, and they are a PCAB accredited compounding pharmacy.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.