Graduated from Dilating!

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Success Stories Graduated from Dilating!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sks823
    Participant

Just wanted a quick post to say that after a few weeks of weekly Maze appointments, then appointments once every 2-4 weeks (after I became more comfortable with dilating), I am now able to dilate rather comfortably with the very largest dilator (as of a couple months ago – now I am keeping up with the dilating to ensure I don’t lose any of my progress!)

This comes from me being a very difficult case – I couldn’t wear tampons from the pain/fear, and the thought of dilating with even the smallest dilator gave me immense fear. The physical portion of the first couple appointments were incredibly nerve-wracking; I was prescribed Xanax to take before each following appointment.

That being said, the Maze staff was welcoming, knowledgeable, and understanding. They never pushed me further than I was comfortable going.

It feels awesome to be “graduated,” and it is the hugest weight off of my shoulders. I feel strong and proud that I was able to overcome my vaginismus (haven’t tried p-in-v yet, but I feel pretty confident about it 🙂 ). When I was able to move up in dilator sizes every appointment, I felt accomplished and motivated.

Just wanted to reach out and share a bit of my story. While there were times of frustration and times I wanted to give up, I’m so glad I went out of my comfort zone to make the first appointment and persevere with the help of the lovely Maze staff!

mazemelissa

Dear Sks823,

Thank you so much for this great post! You are an inspiration to other women out there suffering silently with vaginismus. Vaginismus is treatable, and you can over come it. It takes some hard work, and it can be scary in the beginning, but if you stick with the program, and seek help, you will get through it.

Keep dilating! Congratulations on all you have accomplished.

Melissa

Hello Sks823,

Thanks so much for writing! As Melissa wrote you are truly an inspiration!
    Dilating takes a lot of courage and hard work, and you did it! Please know we are always here to support you in anyway we can!
    All the best,
    Nicole

Heather34
    Participant

This is absolutely AWESOME Sks823!!! Huge, huge CONGRATS!!!! I love reading this so much as it is so inspirational and shows that, despite being very nervous about dilating, you persevered and have done so, so, so well!!!!

Thank you so much for sharing your story. It’s inspiring, and helps others out there know that there is treatment available.

Helen Leff, LCSW

Love this story of courage and success. There is work involved but treatment and cure are attainable.
    I hope all those reading and participating in the forum believe it.

Big congratulation to you. I admire you for seeking help and never giving up. Your hard work really paid off. You are an inspiration to many women who are just beginning their journey and treatment of vaginismus.
    I am so happy that we were able to help you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.