Hymen question

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    joycejoy
    Participant

Hi there,
    A quick question. I went to the gyn last year for a check up. He wanted to do an internal exam but he said my hymen was still intact (which can be true since I was still a virgin at that time) and I had to come back later when I was sexually active. My question is: do you feel it when your hymen tears, and if so, what exactly do you feel?

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Hi joycejoy – it’s hard to say because it happens differently for different women. I can’t personally remember my hymen tearing (although i suspect it was when I was under anesthesia receiving a pap smear) but other women have their hymens tear in the course of doing vigorous activities like horseback riding or playing sports. Others have it tear when they first have intercourse (which is part of why we have a cultural script about a woman’s first time being painful) but I think it really ranges between people. Your hymen may end up tearing before you’re even sexually active depending on what kinds of sports and activities you do. Hope that helps!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.