If I can do it, so can you!

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Success Stories If I can do it, so can you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dawn
    Participant

I am 1 year post procedure. It was a miracle cure for me. I am 37 years old and have been married for 13 years.! That was 13 years without penetration! I couldn’t go to the gynecologist nor could I even use tampons. It was impossible. I knew this treatment would be my last hope. Boy, am I glad I did it. Just like everyone else, I woke up with Big Blue and it was a miracle. Ever since, it hasn’t been easy. It has taken a lot of hard work. We did achieve full penetration last year which was amazing and unbelievable. No, really, I couldn’t believe it. Look, it hasn’t always been romantic. In fact, it has been mechanical. But, we have done it and continue to do it. Dilating has become easy. I am not lying to you when I say that I NEVER thought I could use a tampon let alone have intercourse! Seriously, if I was able to do it, so can you! Eight months post procedure I went to a gynecological exam and it was a success! In fact, I told the doctor about my vaginismus and she couldn’t believe it. She said if I hadn’t told her, she would not have known. Look, I still dilate overnight and all morning if I have a doctor appointment. But it helps relieve my anxiety and fear and proves that I can do it. I have even better news for those who think it’s impossible. I am currently 19 weeks pregnant! I have been able to undergo several transvaginal ultrasounds throughout the process. (I know, right??). My husband and I are able to have intercourse now even if I didn’t dilate just minutes before. Sure, it’s easier if I do, but sometimes we try to be spontaneous and it’s been ok. Sure, it’s not yet like you see on tv or movies with lots of thrusting, changing positions and just wild and passionate love making. But, we do feel more passionate about each other and it has changed our relationship and made our love deeper. Pregnancy has been a blessing and so far, so good! I am due end of June. I can not stress more how ANYONE who is experiencing vaginismus can undergo Dr. Pacik’s treatment successfully. There will be days that seem like setbacks. But you just have to keep trying. You dilate longer or go down a size, whatever you need to do. But you can’t give up. You have to stay encouraged. Keep reading the forum. I have never posted before on the forum. But I felt the need to share. I am so proud of myself and so grateful for Dr. Pacik and his staff. I still feel like I struggle daily with it, even though I am cured. It is a part of me. But I have overcome it! You can too!

Nakitalab
    Participant

Congratulations Dawn! What an awesome success story and a huge encouragement to me and to so many others! I am so happy for you!

Heather34
    Participant

Huge CONGRATS Dawn! This is such a wonderful post and success story!!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.