Introducing Maze Womens Sexual Health

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Introducing Maze Womens Sexual Health

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Janet Pacik
    Participant

We are pleased to announce that since Dr. Pacik’s retirement on September 1st, 2015, Maze Women’s Sexual Health will be taking over the VaginismusMD website and the VaginismusMD Forum. Dr. Bat Sheva Marcus is the Clinical Director of Maze Women’s Sexual Health and Melissa Ferrara is the Associate Clinical Director. Both Dr. Marcus and Melissa were trained by Dr. Pacik using his Botox treatment program plus progressive dilation under anesthesia and have already treated many women successfully with vaginismus. We are extremely pleased that with Dr. Pacik’s retirement, there is a caring group of experts, each trained in female sexual health, to take over his program in treating women with vaginismus.

To learn more about Dr. Bat Sheva Marcus, Melissa Ferrara and Maze Women’s Sexual Health, please visit their website at the following links:
    //mazewomenshealth.com/about-us/our-team/
    //mazewomenshealth.com/painful-sex-vaginal-pain/vaginismus/

Maze Women’s Sexual Health uses the same questionnaires that Dr. Pacik used to access the severity of vaginismus and to determine if you are a candidate for the Botox treatment program plus progressive dilation under anesthesia. For more information on Maze women’s Sexual Health or to request the questionnaires, please fill out the contact form on the VaginismusMD website at http://www.vaginismusmd.com/contact/ or fill out the contact form on the Maze Women’s Sexual Health website at //mazewomenshealth.com/contact/

At this time, I would like to welcome Maze Women’s Sexual Health, Dr. Bat Sheva Marcus and Melissa to our VaginismusMD Forum!

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

I am delighted that women struggling with vaginismus will be able to continue their care with a group that both understands and treats vaginismus in a caring competent way. We are all aware of the generalized lack of training in medical school and during residency training regarding vaginismus and the condescending remarks that unknowing clinicians make. You will never hear the words “Just relax” from MAZE because they are fully in tune with the many difficulties that arise from this condition. Maze spent two days training with me and brought along two of their most difficult patients both of whom were able to achieve intercourse. Following this we collaborated frequently on difficult patients and wrote a clinical published paper together.

I visited their facility and was impressed by the services they offer and their very caring attitude. They have treated some of my international patients who were unable to get their Visas before my retirement. We collaborate on a regular basis as new challenges arise.

I am also delighted that the website will continue and that the Forum will continue to be a sounding board for questions dealing with vaginismus. It has always been my intention that women with vaginismus need to have a sounding board where they are able to continue to get information about vaginismus. Heather, our moderator, has agreed to continue her support of the Forum by answering questions and providing links to informative articles. I will continue to make myself available for issues that arise.

It is my every intention to continue advocating for women struggling with vaginismus. I have written a number of scientific papers about vaginismus and was recently requested to write the chapter on sexual pain in a new book to be published for gynecologists. My goal is the broader dissemination of information that will allow clinicians to have a better understanding of this problem and appropriate treatment.

It has been my honor to take care of the courageous champions, my “dilating divas”! I am so pleased that the torch has been passed and that women will continue to be able to receive very competent and caring assistance in overcoming the many challenges that face women with vaginismus. I wish for every woman struggling with sexual pain to have the support and treatment that will allow them to be whole again.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi. I’m Bat Sheva Marcus, Clinical Director of Maze Women’s Sexual Health. We are so very happy to be able to continue Dr. Packik’s amazing work. I and my staff look forward to getting to know many of you, to answering your questions, and helping you along this journey.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Bat Sheva. Welcome to the Forum. I absolutely LOVED reading your post and am so, so, so happy that Maze Women’s Sexual Health will be continuing to offer the Botox treatment program for vaginismus. I, along with so many other Forum members, were so very happy and so proud of Dr. Pacik and Janet Pacik concerning their retirement but were also very worried if this procedure would end or be carried on by other groups. It is beyond wonderful and so, so excellent that it will continue. For so many years (all of my 20s and early 30s), I had vaginismus and tried so many different treatments (i.e. dilating alone, pelvic floor PT, etc.) that did not work. It wasn’t until I finally found Dr. Pacik and had the Botox treatment program that I was then able to make love to my husband and now start our family. We both thank God every day for both Dr. Pacik and Janet Pacik and are so happy that this procedure exists and will be continued on by your group. For all of the years mentioned that I had vaginismus, I never shared it with anyone except my husband and the few providers we visited. This was extremely isolating and very difficult. It is for this reason that I love moderating the Forum and have gained so much from talking to and supporting women who currently have vaginismus as well as their husband/partners. I know what it is like and look forward to continuing to moderate the Forum and help in this way. For those members reading this who had your procedure this past year (either with Dr. Pacik or with Maze), huge Congratulations on this accomplishment. For those of you who will have the procedure coming up in November and December of this year as well as in 2016, I know this will be truly life-changing for you! I want you to all know that I am here to support you. To the newbies, please post and introduce yourself and please ask any questions at all that you may have. To the veterans, please continue to share your journeys with all of us, ask questions, and provide needed support. Every single post is meaningful and may be the exact words or the particular question that another member has but is too shy or too afraid to ask. I look so forward to reading your future posts and I, again, am so, so, so, so excited that Maze Women’s Sexual Health will be continuing the Botox treatment program. I want to close with sharing an excellent post from the mother of a forum member who was treated last year with the Botox treatment program for vaginismus.

Specifically, she writes:

“Happy New Year to you and the entire Dr. Pacik team!! Bringing our daughter to you for treatment was the best decision and has been life changing for her. So happy to see her making tremendous progress on overcoming her battle with vaginismus. I can’t emphasize enough that Dr. Pacik’s treatment approach is a viable cure for the 1 to 7% of women suffering from this condition. We are so lucky to have found you and only hope that this treatment approach becomes well known and wide spread so that women (and their partners) no longer have to struggle in silence.”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.