I’ve tried dialators nothing works

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General I’ve tried dialators nothing works

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Linacast12
    Participant

I was in a long term relationship when i got diagnosed with vaginismus and it has literally ruined everything for me. I’ve tried staying positive about it but it’s so hard because all my friends talk about is there hook ups which i can’t do. It just feels like there’s a wall there that won’t let anything in. It just seems like no one that i go to can help me. I feel so alone. I tried dialators but it’s hard when it starts to hurt and i don’t even wanna try again.

mazemelissa

Hi Linacast12,

I am sorry to hear your struggles. Dilation can be very challenging, and for some women, home program dilation alone isn’t enough. Some muscles are just really tight and don’t want to stretch on their own. If you haven’t seen a pelvic floor physical therapist, you can start there.

Also, our Botox procedure can be very helpful for women who feel that they “have tried everything” and just can’t make progress.

The combination of the botox, the active dilation under anesthesia, and the post procedure exercises, can really help to jump start one’s journey toward over coming vaginismus.

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Hi Linacast12 – I’m so sorry to hear about the pain you’ve been experiencing, both physical and emotional. The feeling of alienation was one of the hardest parts for me when I was younger and still dealing with vaginismus – it seemed like everyone around me was having sex effortlessly while I struggled to connect with partners I loved.

I want to second what Melissa said – there are many other treatment options out there besides only using dilators on your own, and for those of us with serious enough cases, we often need the extra help. I got the botox procedure under anesthesia and was able to have intercourse for the first time 20 days after the procedure even though I’d never been able to insert anything before that. I don’t think it would have been possible to make progress without that help given how severe my anxiety and my repelled reaction was. I strongly encourage you to look into this procedure or into seeing a pelvic floor therapist when you’re ready – this is NOT something you have to endure on your own or live with forever. Whenever you feel prepared to seek treatment, it is out there. Please let us know if there’s anything else we can answer, and I hope you won’t suffer in silence!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.