Lidocaine-which one to use

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Aids Lidocaine-which one to use

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    fisherwoman
    Participant

I’ve been trying the dilating for a while now. I feel like I have plateaued at the level that I am at. I want to try the lidocaine, but which one is safe to use with/put in your vagina?

mazemelissa

Hello Fisherwoman,

Any of the over the counter lidocaines will be safe and fine to use at the vaginal entrance, and if some gets inside the vagina, that is ok too.

OTC lidocaine comes in several strengths, the highest being 5%. For Maximum numbing action, I recommend using a 5% lidocaine and applying to the vaginal entrance and waiting at least 10-15 min before trying dilation.

Often topical lidocaine is sold in the rectal care aisle as it is used for temporary relief of hemorrhoid pain.

Melissa

mazemelissa

A recent patient of mine told me about this product, available on amazon:

Syren Intimate Relief | Best Soothing Moisturizer Gel for Vaginal Pain, Itch and Dryness | Potent Topical Treatment for Women with Vulva Pain and Vulvodynia

https://www.amazon.com/Intimate-Moisturizer-Treatment-Vulvodynia-Long-Lasting/dp/B07JD8JRK6/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

It is a 4% lidocaine gel made specifically for the vulva and vagina.

Anyone struggling with that burning pain with dilation, trying some lidocaine can often be very helpful.

I’d love to see if anyone else has tried this.

Inmatez
    Participant

So, there is nothing to worry about, right?

Inmatez
    Participant

I was afraid to use them both, because I saw on some other forum that a girl had a bad experience with this medicine and I am trying to avoid it if possible. I swear that now I am gonna use condoms all the time, I already made an order from https://www.mcdaidpharmacy.ie/collections/condoms, so I don’t run out of them. Sometimes, it happens that you don’t have condoms and you just do it without them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.