Lube.

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Indirectly
    Participant

Hi! It’s been about 6 weeks since my procedure and I’ve been using the biggest dilator for about 3 weeks now,it’s a work in progress and LUBE is EVERYTHING. So after the procedure , you go home with the little bottle of lube that you were given. This lube was so amazing , unfortunately I can’t find it anywhere online and ive tried so many different lubes but nothing works as wel and I’m feeling a set back because of it.
    It’s been 2 weeks and I just don’t feel like dilating anymore because all the lubes I have dry up so quick or start getting weirdly “flaky”… is anyone else having a hard time finding good lube ? Or what are some of the lubes that work for you?
    Thanks

mazemelissa

The lube that we loved to give out at Maze was called Sliquid Silk, and it is sold out everywhere. We can’t get it either.
    The brand that we have substituted with is Liquid Silk, that is also a hybrid lubricant (water and silicone mix base).
    If you can’t get Liquid silk, I would try a different hybrid lubricant. We will continue to check on supply of sliquid silk, but it seems that we will be waiting a while to get more of that brand.

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Indirectly, i also swear by the Liquid Silk brand (since Sliquid Silk is in short supply). i’ve never had much luck with water-based lubes as they seem to get sticky so quickly, and pure silicone can be something you want to avoid as it can’t be paired with silicone toys/vibrators, etc. Liquid Silk can be bought on Amazon it looks like, depending on your country. Give that or another water/silicone hybrid a try!

Indirectly
    Participant

Thanks for the reply , appreciated! I ordered the sliqiud silk and it’s arriving tomorrow finally lol all the way from the uk, I will for sure let you know how that one is.
    Also I’m kind of stuck in this dilating process and I don’t know how to move on to intercourse, I use the pink one and the first couple times hurts everytime, after that it’s kind of fine, but it just doesn’t make me want to do anything “sexy” if you will..
    Does the pink dilator ever stop hurting?

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Hi Indirectly – really glad to hear the new lube is arriving soon! The pink one never stopped being a stretch for me (literally) because it really is so thick. I was able to work with but it never just felt effortless in the way some of the smaller sizes eventually did. Having difficulty with it doesn’t necessarily mean that you aren’t ready for intercourse, but making that transition can be challenging for other reasons, like you’ve said. Making the transition between dilation and sex is somewhat an issue of mood – something i found that helped was having my partner start to get involved in my dilation process by inserting some of the smaller dilators (which was also really good practice for me at letting go of control somewhat and letting someone else control the sensation). He would also use a vibrator on my clitoris while I was dilating which brought a little sexiness to a process that can normally feel very clinical. You might also try dilating a few minutes before you intend to have sex and THEN invite your partner into the room – your muscles will still be stretched but it can help the energy of the interaction feel more erotic. It will just be an experiment first and likely will feel awkward at times, but you will get the hang of it and figure out what works.

Let us know also if your partner has any issues on his end with maintaining erections or with premature ejaculation – those issues crop up a lot for couples first transitioning to intercourse after dilating and are super common, so if it’s happening it can totally be worked on. Hope this helps!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.