Making the Impossible Possible: Stories of Vaginismus

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Tips for Future Vaginismus Patients Making the Impossible Possible: Stories of Vaginismus

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi all. There is an excellent new Blog posted: Making the Impossible Possible: Stories of Vaginismus

http://www.vaginismusmd.com/making-impossible-possible-stories-vaginismus/

Excerpts from the Blog include:

“If you’re here, it more than likely means that you’re suffering from – or know someone who is suffering from – painful intercourse and other symptoms. You’re here looking for help, guidance, and support. The best place to start on your vaginismus healing journey is with a wealth of information. That’s why we’ve worked to offer up as much knowledge as we can through our book, When Sex Seems Impossible: Stories of Vaginismus and How You Can Achieve Intimacy. Within the book, you’ll learn about the different levels of vaginismus, comprehensive treatment programs, inching toward intercourse, complementary therapies, and so much more. When Sex Seems Impossible: Stories of Vaginismus is available in paperback ($15.95, plus shipping) or in the Kindle version. To order a paperback copy of the book please give our office a call or you can order the book from our VaginismusMD website or through Amazon.”

When I contacted Dr. Pacik’s office in May 2011, one of the first recommendations included reading his book. I read it on the same evening that I spoke to him as did my husband and it was so eye-opening. I do not often cry and remember crying multiple times while reading the patient stories because I felt like there were other people out there who had this too and I was not alone with it as I had always felt. My husband felt the same and we also both felt like it was finally the option that would work to cure vaginismus. I read and later re-read the Chapters on what exactly to expect during the procedure and it helped me so much to visualize what it would be like while being there. I remember almost studying it and learning about the “Janet method” which is the concept of waking up from the procedure with a dilator in place. For me, this was more important than I could ever describe in writing. Something was inside of me for the first time when, before, I could not even insert a q-tip. This allowed me to know that I wasn’t broken, as I had always felt, and something could be inside of me and also did not hurt. Mentally, this flipped a switch for me and I was later able to dilate and have intercourse pain-free. It was amazing to witness both personally and for my husband as well. I feel like the book, again, so thoroughly explains the different aspects of the procedure and so much more, including the important patient stories and testimonials.

What have been your own experiences in reading Dr. Pacik’s book, When Sex Seems Impossible: Stories of Vaginismus and How You Can Achieve Intimacy?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.