Moderator Bio (Heather34)

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Meet our moderators Moderator Bio (Heather34)

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Today, June 27, is a very special day for my husband and I. We had our procedure on this date and it has changed our lives forever. Prior to finding Dr. Pacik, I tried and failed at so many different treatments and we both did not know what to do in order to overcome this condition. The day that I first spoke to Dr. Pacik and we read the book, I was brought to tears and knew for the first time that there were others out there like us and we were not alone with this as we had always felt. We had the procedure on this date and, on the 4th of July, we were able to consummate our marriage and have pain-free intercourse for the first time in our 11-year relationship. Thank God and Thank Dr. Pacik for this wonderful procedure and treatment program. For anyone reading this who may be new or even a long-time member of the Forum who is thinking of having the procedure, please do it. It was one of the best decisions that my husband and I have ever made and we are now able to have pain-free and enjoyable intercourse together. Dr. Pacik is one of the best doctors you will ever meet and he has an amazing combination of caring, compassion, and so much knowledge about all things vaginismus. To say “he wrote the book on vaginismus” is actually true as he has and continues to write article after article about the condition and do everything in his power to make it more well-known so that no other women has to continue to suffer in silence. Thank you doesn’t seem enough to say for all that Dr. Pacik and this procedure has given to my husband and I but I sincerely thank you and Janet and Ellen and all of the staff from the bottom of my heart!!!!

klh
    Participant

Hi – I am very new to this forum and not sure exactly where to start. I have some questions but would like your suggestions on where to post them. Hope this doesn’t sound dumb. I’ve struggled with vaginismus for 38 years. Thank you.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi klh. Welcome to the Forum and thank you for your posts. No question that you have is ever dumb and we all welcome questions and comments in all regards. It is so wonderful to finally have a place to be able to openly talk about this stuff. I am so, so very sorry for your struggles with vaginismus. I, too, suffered from primary vaginismus for several years in the past and am here for you 100%! Please know that you have all of our support. In regards to where to post your questions, please feel free to post in any of the categories and we will reply and, again, are all here for you!!! :):):)

23years
    Participant

Yup!! We are here for you! 23 years myself with the big V!

Diana
    Participant

Congratulations Heather, we are sending baby dust your way!! All the best and thank you for making our journey a less lonely one! :*

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Diana! It’s so, so nice to hear from you. I think of you and Nick often. Thank you so, so much for the encouragement. Sending you huge hugs!!!!

huberth
    Participant

I can find no information about bleeding while using dialators.
    I started bleeding after sucessfully inserting #6

Should I discontinue dialating, back down to #5?

How do I treat this to avoid an infection?

Heather34
    Participant
    Heather34
    Participant
    Quote:
    Quote from Dr. Pacik on June 13, 2014, 12:26
    🙂 TODAY IS HEATHER’S BIRTHDAY!!

Heather would love to get pregnant. Perhaps all of us could send her special energies to make this a memorable birthday!

Peter

Hi Dr. P and all! As my birthday approaches this coming Saturday, I couldn’t be more happier and filled with so much joy as my hubby is in the living room playing with our 1 month old son! The words “thank you” alone doesn’t seem enough. Please, please know that we are so incredibly thankful and so grateful to you! Without this treatment program, we never ever would’ve seen this dream come true! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts now and always!!!!

Heather34
    Participant

Hi all! Our little guy is going to be 7 months old on 12/7/15! The time is flying by and my hubby and I couldn’t be happier. We just celebrated Thanksgiving and said a special prayer and THANK YOU to Dr. Pacik and Janet Pacik that this procedure existed and was the cure for my 11+ year struggle with vaginismus. I have said it before and will say it a million times, I am so, so, so, so thankful that Bat Sheva Marcus and Melissa and the others at Maze Women’s Sexual Health are continuing to do the Botox treatment program so that others will also be cured from vaginismus and be able to start their own families.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi all. I wanted to wish you a Happy Easter! In just over a month, our little boy will be 1 years old and, again, we are so, so thankful to God and also thankful to Dr. Pacik and the team that the Botox procedure existed and worked to cure my vaginismus when nothing else that we tried worked (and we tried everything under the sun)!!! I was hopeless for many years of ever finding a cure and now am successfully able to have exams, make love to my husband, and am a mom. If you believe it is not possible, please have hope that a cure is entirely possible and will happen for you as well. If you, like I, have tried several different things to no avail or even if you are just getting started, I would definitely give Maze Women’s Sexual Health a call as they were trained by Dr. P and also offer the Botox treatment program which, again, made our dreams come true. Sending you all huge hugs today!!!

Heather34
    Participant

Hi all! Happy Spring! I have to remind myself that April showers will bring May flowers! LOL! It rained so hard all day long in my town today. Sorry for being MIA lately. I have sinusitis (first time that I have been sick in so long) and I have tried so many remedies to no avail yet (i.e. antibiotics, nasal spray, etc.). I am definitely better tonight than last week so I believe I am finally on the mend. I will be catching up with posts this week and next and wanted to just say hi to everyone. As I write this, I just glanced above at my post last March and it still resonates so, so, so much with me and makes me tear up. As I wrote then and will re-write, I felt so many emotions while going through vaginismus in my 20s and early 30s. I tried so hard to will it to go away and tried to dilate on my own and it just didn’t work as I could not move beyond the wall of resistance/pain/burning feeling each time I tried. I felt like giving up and that I would never be cured and then I read on an online forum that I belonged to about the Botox treatment program and that was it. I researched, researched, researched, and researched. I asked Dr. Pacik probably every question in the universe. I ended up having the procedure and it changed all of our lives for the better. As I said above, if you have tried and tried other treatments to no avail, please think about doing the Botox treatment and working with the Maze team in any way possible. Like Dr. P, they GET vaginismus and what you go through while having it. And, again, please know that you are not alone at all while going through it and you have mine as well as the support of the whole Forum. If you are a lurker (as I was for years), please know that you are just as an important and awesome member of the Forum and community and we are all here for each other!!!! Sending you all my support and hugs and thoughts tonight!!!:):):):)

Helen Leff, LCSW

Hi everyone, I want to say thank you to all who have been posting on the Forum sharing their struggles, successes and everything in between. I also want to welcome all of you who are ,as Heather mentioned, “lurking” and not yet actively posting. Everyone needs to go at their own pace. The staff at Maze is here for you!

Viewing 13 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.