Movin' on up…or trying to anyway

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Dilating Movin' on up…or trying to anyway

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sistergoldenhair
    Participant

Hello friends!

I posted a while ago about dilation goals. For the past week, I have been dilating daily about 20 minutes and start with the second largest dilator in the Pure Romance kit and then move to the largest. Tonight, I started with the largest dilator in the kit and with only a twinge of pain it slid right in! My goal is actually a bigger sized glass dilator from Crystal Delights since my partner is currently larger than the largest one in the Pure Romance kit.
    I was feeling cocky and gave the larger size a try, and like always I hit a wall and it won’t budge and man, does it hurt. Anyone have any advice on this? I’m going to keep at it daily with the biggest dilator in the Pure Romance kit but I’m wondering how I’m ever going to move up in size. In the past, I always seem to work up to this one and can’t get past it.
    I thank everyone for their encouraging responses on my previous posts and always being so helpful. You’re all wonderful!

mazemelissa

Dear Sistergoldenhair,

Congratulations on amazing work!

I would recommend giving yourself time with the largest pure romance every day before trying to go up to the crystal delights dilator. Maybe even two full weeks of daily dilation sessions. I would really manipulate the pure romance dilator side to side to facilitate stretching once the dilator is inside. Of course prep with the pure romance dilator before trying to go up to the crystal delights dilator.

When trying to insert the crystal delight, just continue with steady pressure, even if you are feeling the wall, I would keep constant pressure applied for a few minutes. If the “wall” doesn’t give, I would then go back to the pure romance and penetrate, move it around, and then try again with the crystal.

Melissa

mazemelissa

Dear Sistergoldenhair,

Congratulations on amazing work!

I would recommend giving yourself time with the largest pure romance every day before trying to go up to the crystal delights dilator. Maybe even two full weeks of daily dilation sessions. I would really manipulate the pure romance dilator side to side to facilitate stretching once the dilator is inside. Of course prep with the pure romance dilator before trying to go up to the crystal delights dilator.

When trying to insert the crystal delight, just continue with steady pressure, even if you are feeling the wall, I would keep constant pressure applied for a few minutes. If the “wall” doesn’t give, I would then go back to the pure romance and penetrate, move it around, and then try again with the crystal.

Melissa

sistergoldenhair
    Participant

Hi, Melissa! I am using your advice and do a lot of stretching with the biggest Pure Romance dilator. Tonight I was able to successfully insert the Crystal Delights dilator. It was pretty uncomfortable and I only lasted about 6 minutes, but the fact that it even happened is so exciting for me. Thank you for your advice and support!

Heather34
    Participant

This is so, so, so awesome sistergoldenhair!!! HUGE, HUGE CONGRATS!!!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.