New Blog: Sex in a New World

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Menopausal Vaginismus New Blog: Sex in a New World

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi all. There is an excellent new blog posted from Maze: Sex in a New World

//mazewomenshealth.com/blog/2016/11/29/sex-new-world/

Excerpts include:

“I ‘re-entered’ the dating world at the age of 50 after 25 years with the same partner. Terrified but intrigued, I decided to be open minded…

It’s important to be comfortable with yourself and know why you want to have sex. There are issues you want to be clear about like:

What does having sex mean to you right now?
    Are you okay with a 1-night stand?
    Do you need to be in a committed relationship?
    Do you need to be in love?
    How will you feel in the morning?

The beauty of maturity is that we know to ask ourselves these questions. You should be honest with yourself and your partner. The right partner appreciates honesty.

It takes some time and experience for most of us to get comfortable with sex again. There’s no right amount of time-it’s entirely up to you. You have the choice to say “no” or to say “yes” if the timing is right and the person is right. But give yourself credit, you are AWESOME and you deserve pleasure and happiness.”

I encourage you to read and welcome your comments and feedback here.

Helen Leff, LCSW

Love this blog post. It is so important to tell yourself that you are deserving of pleasure and happiness.
    Write it on a sticky note and put it where you can see it!

Just reading through some old posts and came across this. This is wonderful. Thank you for sharing this.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.