New Nonprofit Foundation for Vaginismus

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Advocacy New Nonprofit Foundation for Vaginismus

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi all. There is a new nonprofit foundation for vaginismus that recently launched: Lady’s Sparrow Foundation.

http://www.ladyssparrow.org/

“Living in a world with Vaginismus is a scary lonely place. Our mission is to give women and their loved ones the tools to overcome this disorder so they can chase their wildest dreams without fear. We promote research, education, and awareness in both the medical community and general public. We provide financial support so that the women in need are able to afford treatment. Within LSF we also create a community for women and their partners to seek advice, comfort, and support from professionals and others who have walked in similar shoes. Lady’s Sparrow Foundation is a 501 (c)(3) public charity.”

(859)816-9724
    ladyssparrow@gmail.com

Heather34
    Participant

Lady Sparrow’s Foundation is also on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/Ladys-Sparrow-Foundation-1401189126857474/

I encourage you to check it out. Not only is this an awesome foundation in full, I absolutely love the fact that they provide financial support so that women in need are able to afford vaginismus treatment.

hoorayitsamanda
    Participant

Thank you for sharing this. I was treated back in April of 2015 and it’s been heavy on my heart how many women probably felt the way I did and sometimes still do and I was curious about any foundations or the like being out there. I’v been absent from this forum but intend to be on more actively.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi hoorayitsamanda! It’s so great to chat with you. I remember what Dr. P said after our procedures and the feeling that we got and what so many women continue to get after receiving the treatment from Maze. After having vaginismus and no longer having it, you want to shout from the rooftops and then do whatever is possible to help others to also be cured and overcome. I loved this entire foundation and I especially loved that they said they were going to find a way to help others financially who want this procedure but can’t necessarily afford it at the time.

Love the idea of a not for profit organization that addresses Vaginismus.
    What a wonderful concept. I am hopeful that women, regardless of their ability to pay, will get the help they need to overcome Vaginismus.

Love the idea of a not for profit organization that addresses Vaginismus.
    What a wonderful concept. I am hopeful that women, regardless of their ability to pay, will get the help they need to overcome Vaginismus.

Heather34
    Participant

I completely agree Aimee. Insurance is getting better in covering the procedure in full with the DSM V name change //mazewomenshealth.com/forums/topic/new-term-for-vaginismus-and-dyspareunia/. However, for those who do not have insurance or who’s insurance still won’t fully cover, this non-profit could be their answer to getting the treatment and overcoming Vaginismus.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.