Pelvic floor exercises

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Agnese
    Participant

Hi all!

This is my first post in the forum. I’ve been reading different posts and threads and thought I’d post myself if I had difficulties, so here I am!

I’ve started therapy around a month ago and would like to move to pelvic floor exercises. My therapist recommended to read ‘7 steps to pain free sex’, which is apparently a pretty widely known book in the vaginismus community.

I’ve tried to follow the instructions for the exercises but it’s really hard to know whether I’m doing them right at all or just winging it.

Does anyone know of videos/ easy instructions to follow to understand how to do pelvic floor exercises?

Thank you

Ags

Sks823
    Participant

Agnese,

Welcome to the forum! This is a great question and has inspired me to do more of these types of exercises, which I have really been lacking. Here are a few links:

https://youtu.be/kQKR5uLkeUM
    https://youtu.be/wRKhtfbJHdo
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/322720.php

I also recommend looking on your phone’s app store for an app! Depends on your location (I’m currently UK-based so I think I have different ones) but I did a quick search found some highly-ranked ones in mine (Pelvic Floor Trainer, Emy – Medical Kegel Exercises, Easy Kegel, etc.). Personally I’ve been downloading apps for everything – yoga, meditation, fitness — and the accessibility helps me a lot!

Good luck and hopefully others with more experience will also respond! I will keep you updated if I find anything else good on my journey to do more pelvic floor exercises!

Agnese
    Participant

Hi Sks823,

Thanks for the links and for the app tips! It’s actually a really good idea and I hadn’t thought of looking into my App Store. I definitely will use those 🙂

I’m based in the UK as well, so I found the same ones! Thanks.

Agnese

Sks823
    Participant

Awesome!!! Good luck and keep us updated 🙂

Ettina
    Participant

I got that book and I haven’t had much luck with it. I can’t really feel those muscles or tell what I’m doing with them most of the time, and sometimes I just clench up for awhile and can’t relax them. I’ve had more benefits just using dilators, because then I can actually feel what’s happening – whether I’m fighting the dilator or relaxing. I don’t know if it’s just me (I’m autistic and often experience sensory sensations differently) or if most women have trouble with those exercises.

mazemelissa

A lot of women have difficulty isolating the pelvic floor muscles, especially if you already have high pelvic tone.

I think trying the exercises with the dilator might help you isolate the muscles more easily.

If you have a gynecologist or physcial therapist that can help you locate those muscles, and help you properly do a kegel exercise, that is ideal.

Many women will tense their butt muscles or abdominal muscles rather then the pelvic floor muscles. So you want to work on keeping all other accessory muscles relaxed, and only focus in lifting the intravaginal muscles. At first it might feel like you aren’t doing anything at all, but the more you practice, the more you should be able to isolate just the vaginal muscles.

Tracey Yates
    Participant

Thanks for sharing, your post is great. Also if you want to learn about game mod read my article on apk games to know more about it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.