Pleasure after Botox?

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Post-Procedure Pleasure after Botox?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Amoebabutter
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m just beginning my journey toward overcoming vaginismus–I’ve had it for as long as I can remember and its really disrupted my ability to have a meaningful relationship (aside from the inability to use tampons and get a pap smear).

My main goal for getting botox is to become way more functional, obviously. I want to be able to get Pap tests regularly, use tampons, and have sex with any future partners, and I’ve seen testimonials from different women who have been able to achieve all of these.

My only real question is this: are women who have undergone the botox procedure and gone on to have sex with their partner also achieving orgasm? I know that the botox likely causes complications while it is active, since it prevents the internal tightening, but after it has subsided, are people out there able to reach orgasm while having penetrative sex with their partners? Thanks for any insight!!

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Hi Amoebabutter – thanks for your question! In my experience, botox didn’t have much of a noticeable effect on whether I was able to have orgasms. I was able to orgasm doing sexual activities BEFORE my treatment (though not from penetration obviously) and was still able to after my botox procedure. I think the best indicator of whether you’ll be able to orgasm is if you already regularly do or not since it takes a certain knowledge of what your body likes to feel. For me in particular, my orgasms come primarily from clitoral stimulation, and the clitoris isn’t affected by the botox treatment, so things ran as usual.

Hope this helps! Let me know if this wasn’t clarifying or you have other questions.

mazemelissa

Just to give some data…Only 30% of women can orgasm from intercourse alone. So for most women out there vaginal penetration only from a penis will not be able to give them an orgasm. Most women will need clitoral stimulation to have an orgasm, and the botox should not have any effect on that.

If you are someone who feels vaginal spasms or contractions when you have an orgasm, the botox could diminish that slightly, but that will return when the botox wears off.

I have not had anyone complain post procedure of losing their ability to orgasm.

Helen Leff, LCSW

Hi all,
    I was drawn to this thread because we can’t emphasize enough that an orgasm is an orgasm whether it happens with external stimulation or with penetration. Most women do not have orgasms with penetration alone. Melissa explains that the Botox can slightly diminish sensation if you are someone who feels vaginal spasms or contractions with orgasm. The Botox wears off after a few months. Please let us know how you have been.
    Helen

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.