Power in coming together to encourage one another

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Tips for Future Vaginismus Patients Power in coming together to encourage one another

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi all. While going through vaginismus during my 20s and into my early 30s, there was no Forum and I kept it entirely to myself. My husband and the few providers we visited were the only ones who knew. Now, with the creation of this Forum, women no longer have to suffer with this condition in silence. As Dr. Pacik has written in the past:

“With the creation and power of the VaginismusMD Forum, isolation is no longer. Now, there is a place where women no longer feel like they need to hide and like vaginismus is their problem alone. It is a wonderful community of support and encouragement.”

There truly is so much power in coming together in this group to encourage one another. Please know that everyone reading this has my full support!!!

As a therapist at MAZE I always encourage new Vaginismus patients to check out the Forum during their first visit as so many women think they are “the only one.” They think something is “wrong” with them, and often seem skeptical when I tell them we hear these stories all the time. However, when they return for future visits and have spent some time on the Forum their skepticism has waned and they have a new found connection to other women who are going through the same experiences. So never doubt the importance of sharing your story, as it will definitely change another woman’s life.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.