Sex and Trust

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

So for all my single sisters out there – this one’s for you:

No matter what you’ve been told, what messages you’ve received, what you see in the media – let me be clear: your sexuality is YOUR sexuality! Clearly, we know that sex can be undeniably interpersonal. However, if you are struggling with pelvic pain, vaginismus, etc., don’t wait to seek treatment just because you’re waiting to meet someone. Sexuality is part of your overall health – just as important as all the other systems in your body. So make sure to honor that and know that YOU come first.

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Jennifer, I totally agree with this! I was partnered when I sought vaginismus treatment, but in retrospect it’s something I’d totally recommend to single women as well. Vaginismus was so devastating to my confidence and made me afraid that I’d never be truly loved by a man. If you hav these same fears, you can still work on your treatment without the pressure of working on anyone else’s timeline to get ready for sex and can use your increased self esteem when you’re meeting people and dating again. I highly recommend anyone who is considering treatment not to hesitate or wait just because of their partner status when it can have such a positive effect on their inner lives.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.