Sharing the VaginismusMD Newsletter

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Advocacy Sharing the VaginismusMD Newsletter

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Ladies, the new 2014 Monthly Newsletters are so wonderful in terms of keeping inquiries updated about Dr. Pacik and his treatment program as well as important news and advocacy towards getting the condition of vaginismus more well known.

Prior to having my procedure, I belonged to a yahoo forum about vaginismus. On this forum, a member posted information about Dr. Pacik and his Botox treatment program which led me to contacting the office and being cured from this condition. I live so close by and researched all of the time for a cure but never found out about this until reading this on the Forum. It often makes me think how many women may still not know about this amazing treatment program and cure for vaginismus or even that their current symptoms have a name and can be successfully treated.

I think a great way to further spread the word about both vaginismus and this treatment is to sign up for and share these Newsletters in any and everywhere possible (i.e. online forums, blogs, with doctors, etc.). Sarah25 recently shared an incredibly moving post about sharing her experiences on Facebook which was so, so brave. In reading that post, one thing that stood out for me was how many other people who commented were also affected by vaginismus or knew someone who was. It truly is a condition that so many people suffer in silence with as I myself did for 11 years. If sharing the Newsletter in on-line Forums, blogs, etc. helps another women to find out about both the condition of vaginismus and this treatment and to not continue to suffer in silence then it is definitely worth doing.

If you did not receive the newsletter and would like to be added to the mailing list for the VaginismusMD Monthly Newsletter, please sign up on the VaginismusMD home page: http://www.vaginismusmd.com

To see past Newsletters, see Vaginismus Newsletter Archive: http://www.vaginismusmd.com/vaginismus-resources/vaginismus-newsletter-archive/

Also, what topics would you like to see covered in future Newsletters???

Heather34
    Participant

Hi all. There is an excellent November 2015 Newsletter that I wanted to share with you:

http://us3.campaign-archive2.com/?u=1dd4a9a73c9f83aac77198b21&id=f1b6944a9e&e=c214ca335b

In this Newsletter, Dr. Pacik discusses continued Vaginismus Advocacy:

“Even though I retired recently there is still much work that needs to be done to support women with vaginismus and to bring vaginismus more into the medical mainstream. I will continue to write scientific papers and give lectures so that more clinicians will have a working knowledge of vaginismus.”

He goes on to introduce Maze Women’s Sexual Health:

“It is with pleasure to announce that the website VaginismusMD.com will now be supported by Maze Women’s Sexual Health, a medical group in New York that specializes in female and male sexual health. In 2010, Maze brought their team to New Hampshire so they could observe the Botox treatment of two of their vaginismus patients. During the two days we spent together, many questions were asked and the entire flow of treatment and follow-up reviewed. Maze participated in the email follow-up and both women were successful. Since then, Maze has treated many other vaginismus patients with excellent results.

To contact Maze Women’s Health directly with questions or to schedule an appointment, please call 914-328-3700 or email at info@MazeWomensHealth.com.

During this past year, Janet and I visited Maze in Purchase, NY and were impressed with their facility. They have a broad based practice dedicated to a large number of patients, both female and male, for sexual health needs. From numerous conversations and emails, I know Maze is a very caring group and highly competent to manage difficult sexual problems. They have considerable experience using the Pacik Botox multimodal program for the treatment of vaginismus.

Maze is completely equipped to assess sexual difficulty and recommend the best treatment. Women who have less severe vaginismus can advance with dilators when taught how to do this. For those with severe vaginismus, high fear and anxiety, long term treatment failures or relationships that are on the verge of destruction, the Botox multimodal program is still the gold standard and can help avoid wasting much precious time.”

He further shares excellent information from the Forum and Blog concerning the 1,2,3 punch for vaginismus treatment.

I encourage you to read and welcome your comments and feedback here. I also encourage you to share this excellent Newsletter.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.