single w/ vaginimus….support groups

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus and the Single Patient single w/ vaginimus….support groups

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    wildheart21
    Participant

Hi,
    I have the condition in consequence to sexual abuse….I’m still pretty angry…and I feel stuck in my emotions…there’s shame too…like i have a dirty secret…..are there support groups? this journey can be so isolating…..i can’t do this alone…

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Hi Wildheart21 – I’m so sorry to hear about these painful experiences you’ve had. It’s not something you should have to go through at all, and definitely not something you should deal with alone.

Getting emotional support for your abuse should be your first priority. I’m not sure where you live, but you can try googling “Sexual Abuse Support Group” with the name of your city and see if there are any in your town that meet in person. If you can’t find any, there are places online, forums like this one, where you can talk to other abuse survivors and ask for advice. I’m also not sure of your health insurance status, but if it’s something you can afford, I would recommend seeing a therapist who specializes in trauma or sexual abuse so that you have someone to talk to who can help you find ways to move past the pain you’ve experienced.

And, of course, for vaginismus questions and issues, you have already found this forum. If you want to deal with your vaginismus, I would recommend speaking to a gynecologist or a pelvic floor physical therapist, as many of them can help guide you through techniques like dilation. The Maze Clinic is one of the single best places to help with vaginismus, but since I’m not sure where you’re located, know that there are other options out there.

Don’t hesitate to share your feelings here – we have all been touched by vaginismus in some way or another and can speak to some of the issues you’re going through.

Sks823
    Participant

wildheart21,

I completely agree with recessivegenequeen.

I am heartbroken to read that the cause of your vaginismus is abuse. I do hope you’re seeing a therapist or in a support group for other survivors. (If not, I agree with above suggestion to search “Sexual Abuse Support Group” and your city.) Here’s another link that may help: https://www.rainn.org/get-help

Know that you’re not alone in this!

As for a support group for vaginismus, I agree with recessivegenequeen that this forum has helped me and a lot of others go through the journey of vaginismus. You can talk or ask about anything – anonymously – and connect with others going through very very similar things.

I have a lot of experience with dilating (with the help of Maze Women’s Clinic; going to a pelvic floor therapist or women’s clinic near you may help) and am happy to chat one-on-one, too.

Best of luck and stay in touch!

erscheer
    Participant

Hi, I read your post, and I felt the need to let you know that you’re not alone. I also am receiving pelvic floor therapy to cure vaginismus as a result of sexual abuse. I’ve put off treatment for years to try to gain control of the emotional aspects of sexual assault before working to resolve the physical issues that resulted. It’s definitely not easy to attend therapy which requires allowing a stranger to work closely with the areas of your body which have experienced trauma. Some days are better than others, but the bad days can be very difficult. This is has made it very hard for me to drag myself to therapy some days. Nevertheless, I am now on the last dilator and have seen miraculous results. This journey isn’t easy, but, my God, is it going to be worth it.

wildheart21
    Participant

Thank you so much for getting in contact. I forgot I wrote on this forum. There has been a little growth since last year but emotionally I still struggle.

Feel free to contact me via my photography account on instagram

it’s wildfeminine_photography

congratulations on your progress

-Stay Wild

wildheart21
    Participant

hi thank you for getting in contact. I’m so sorry that this a year late.

I started seeing pelvic pt starting in february, and am dilating…..

dilation is a bit tricky since im getting frequent vaginal infections (BV has been ruled out)

so i’m kind of stuck for right now

feel free to contact me via instagram
    wildfeminine_photography

wildheart21
    Participant

Hello,

I apologize for this very late reply! I am seeing a therapist, and pelvic pt now. I still have a lot of progress to make. Thank you for reaching out and for your empathetic words.

I am very happy that you were able to be cured!

best to you!

Sks823
    Participant

wildheart21,

I hope you are well and have continued with therapy and pelvic therapy! Like erscheer said, the difficult journey will be worth it 🙂

Helen Leff, LCSW

Hi wildheart21,
    Wondering how you have been doing. Sometimes we don’t hear from women because they are doing well and sometimes we don’t hear from them because things aren’t so great. We embrace all your ups and downs here. Please feel free to update us, we are here for you.
    Helen

Helen Leff, LCSW

Hi wildheart21,
    Wondering how you have been doing. Sometimes we don’t hear from women because they are doing well and sometimes we don’t hear from them because things aren’t so great. We embrace all your ups and downs here. Please feel free to update us, we are here for you.
    Helen

emili23
    Participant

does exercise help dialators get it in easier

Hi @emili23!

If you can be more specific, I’ll be able to answer your question. I’m not sure if you’re talking about working out in general, stretching (ie yoga, pilates, barre) or pelvic floor exercises. Happy to help – just let me know what particular info you’re seeking.

Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.