Sitting While Dilating

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Dilating Sitting While Dilating

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Katy
    Participant

I have been struggling really hard with sitting while I’m dilating, and I can’t be the only one! I couldn’t do it! At all! So I came up with a somewhat creative way to comfortably sit with a dilator. I’m sure many of our ladies have already come up with this and suggested it on the forum, but so far I haven’t seen it. I bought a travel neck pillow that you would use in a car or on a plane. It is my new best friend! If you sit on the neck pillow so that it supports your butt and thighs, the neck hole takes all the pressure off the dilators while you are sitting. I’m not sure whether my husband now thinks I’m nuts or a genius. LOL!

lulu
    Participant

Hi Katy,

The travel pillow is a great idea! My mom asks me if I need a donut cushion when she is around when I am dilating. I keep forgetting to look for one or something similar.
    It really does take getting use to sitting with the dilators. I am almost a month post procedure and I can say it has gotten a little better for me. I still have days where it is worse sitting than others,though. I use the glass dilators 90% of the time which makes it much easier. I actually dislike standing up from sitting more. It feels like a vacuum sometimes if that makes any sense. I hold the dilator in when I get up because of this.

Katy
    Participant

That does make sense! I hate having to stand up from sitting as well. I only use the glass dilators as of right now. It makes it a little easier, but I am only a week post procedure and I’m still in a decent amount of pain. I was kind of staring at the travel pillows at work today and randomly had the thought to sit on it. So I bought it! It’s incredible.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.