The Power of the VaginismusMD Forum

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Please Read Before Posting The Power of the VaginismusMD Forum

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Dr. Pacik has retired on September 1st but he has trained a group from New York that we are now referring to. I strongly urge the women of the VaginismusMD Forum to continue to post and if you would like to receive a referral from us, please fill out the information on our contact page of this website and I will send you information right away.

Heather34
    Participant

Currently, as of September 2015, there are 5,450 posts in 1,021 topics and now 786 Forum Members!!!

Dr. Pacik has written:
    “The VaginismusMD Forum is a place where any woman or man can ask any question about vaginismus and expect an answer. Since early 2012, 300 (NOW 786!!!!!) dedicated and vocal women have added to the strength of the VaginismusMD Forum by asking questions and disseminating information about vaginismus. The VaginismusMD Forum reads like a textbook in medicine discussing the complete range of vaginismus from symptoms to treatment and post-procedure support. I cannot begin to describe the multiple benefits of joining this group of vocal women who: • no longer want to feel as though they need to hide • do not want to feel that vaginismus is “their problem alone” • no longer tolerate being put down by their GYN doctors who too often tell them “It’s in your head” “Why don’t you just try to relax” • do not want to feel like a freak as they watch their relationships disintegrate and their self-esteem vanish • have tried years of failed treatments at considerable time and cost. The power of the VaginismusMD Forum has changed all that. Women now have a voice and they know they can receive needed advice and guidance on the VaginismusMD Forum.

I wrote the following in the past:

The word “catharsis” originates from the Greek language and means to cleanse or purge. Writing your feelings allows you to air them (albeit privately) and so, rather than pushing these feelings down inside yourself, clogging your emotional being with pent up frustrations, fears, and doubts, you acknowledge them. And in so doing, you honor yourself.

I think an invaluable aspect of [the Forum] is the opportunity to write our own individual stories and speak to each other in an anonymous form about all aspects of vaginismus, something that is often a “secret” in many of our lives and was in my own life for several years while suffering with it. I was too embarrassed to tell anyone except my husband and could not even share this with my best friend. I would like to encourage all of you reading this who may feel the same way and be embarrassed right now, as I was, to please know you are not alone anymore and have this Forum as a wonderful avenue to express yourself and talk about this condition openly (albeit private and anonymously).

On this Forum, if you read through the Introduction Stories, so many members share that they feel this “catharsis” after sharing their stories and emotions surrounding vaginismus.

I have not had the chance to be as active on the Forum since the birth of our son in May and returning to work full-time but I am finally now able to catch up and, again, want each and every one of you reading this to know that I along with 750+ other members are all here to support you. Please continue to post and I look forward to replying and all supporting each other along this journey. Sending big hugs!!!

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

Welcome back Heather! You have gone beyond the call and I am so happy that the two of us can once again give our ladies the support they deserve. We encourage all of the readers to be active. It is clear that we have learned from on another. It will be a joyful day when women no longer feel like “freaks”, that they have a condition that like any other medical condition needs to be addressed and treated without the destructive overlay of emotions.
    Please, please give us your voice so we can all learn from each and every one of you.

Janet Pacik
    Participant

Dr. Pacik has retired on September 1st but he has trained a group from New York that we are now referring to. I strongly urge the women of the VaginismusMD Forum to continue to post and if you would like to receive a referral from us, please fill out the information on our contact page of this website and I will send you information right away.

Heather34
    Participant

As Dr. Pacik and Janet Pack encouraged above, please continue to be active in the Forum and post about any topic at all. Anxiety accompanies vaginismus and it helps so, so very much to be able to openly talk on this Forum and connect to other women who either have or have had vaginismus. There are many who have delayed treatment due to this underlying anxiety. I did and also filled my life with so many other things as I found it very difficult to face head on. At the time, I told no one except my then boyfriend/now husband and the few providers we visited. Now, by being able to openly (albeit anonymously) discuss vaginismus and the fear and anxiety that accompany it, treatment can and often does happen and there is support every step of the way! :):):)

Heather34
    Participant

Hi all. In the past, Dr. Pacik wrote:

“Allow the women posting on the Forum to give you strength … this is the wonder of this Forum”

I couldn’t agree more and feel like every time any of us posts or even just reads through the posts we are taking a huge step in the battle of making vaginismus more well-known and helping women to no longer suffer in silence and isolation. Sending you all hugs and support!!!

Hell All,

I was reading through some of the old forum posts, and loved the title of this thread. The power of this forum is so huge, I am not sure all of the women who write on this forum understand how important your participation means so much to so many women all over the world. Thank you all, please keep posting!

Heather34
    Participant

I absolutely love this post Nicole and love the power of the Forum. I have enjoyed so much following all of the different journeys along the way. Tonight, I read that one of our Forum members, Twinkle, is pregnant. I have loved reading her posts and following her journey. In one of her replies, she describes the power of the Forum:

“Thank you so much Melissa,

I am still on my journey but have covered so many miles already on this road of vaginismus,
    at least i start my day with morning coffee , then my dilators set and what is new on this maze site which gives me more positive energy and confidence.

i am sure that you and your team is helping and educating millions through this site.

Twinkle”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.