Thrusting while dilating?

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Dilating Thrusting while dilating?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mrcsntclr
    Participant

Hi everyone! I’m starting my dilating journey soon and I’ve seen that dilating is just having the dilator in for 20 minutes. Is it advised to imitate thrusting motions? I’m not sure which route to take or to do both. Thanks for your insights in advance. ☺️

mazemelissa

Great Question!!
    When coaching my patients with dilation, I usually recommend at first just inserting the dilator and leaving it inside for about 10-15 min to start getting used to the new sensation of penetration. As my patients get more proficient with dilation, more comfortable and confident, I do recommend moving the dilator (in and out, side to side, strumming, rolling). Thrusting the dilator in and out, especially when you are at the larger sizes, can help simulate intercourse, and help get used to that feeling, which is very different than a static dilator in the vagina.

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Just chiming in to agree with Melissa here – When I was first working with a new dilator of a larger size, my only goal was to get it in. But once that size became more comfortable and familiar to work with, I’d practice taking it out and putting it in multiple times in a session, wiggling it around, etc. Then when I could do all of THAT without any discomfort, it was usually a sign I was ready to move up to the next-largest dilator size!

Let us know if you have any other questions as you undergo your journey with dilation!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.