Today I am 1 year post-procedure :) …

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Success Stories Today I am 1 year post-procedure :) …

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    KarenK
    Participant

And I couldn’t be happier! I am so very thankful for Dr. Pacik, his entire staff, and his treatment program. It was a total life-changer for me. One year ago today I was scared of so many things….the procedure itself, the post procedure follow up, dilating, etc. etc. Looking back, I still consider having the procedure done one of the best decisions I’ve ever made in my life. I am now able to have painfree sex, insert dilators pain free and wear tampons. Things I was never able to do prior to this procedure. I have also noticed that I have a boost of confidence in all aspects of my life. So when I say this was a life- changer for me, I really mean it. I was very lucky to have the support of my wonderful husband and my wonderful physical therapist, in addition to Dr. Pacik. This forum helped me a lot too – tons of useful information both pre- and post- procedure. And when I read Dr. Pacik’s book I felt like it was written to me about me. I continue to be so very thankful to this very day for stumbling across this website and having the courage to make the appointment and take a leap of faith. It has paid dividends for me 🙂

Love to you all and have a wonderful holiday season.

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

Thank you Karen for your very sweet comments. I am thrilled for you and remember as though it was yesterday!
    Our Forum is an amazing place. Posts like yours help give hope to many women and makes it a safe place to overcome the feelings of isolation.
    Happy Holidays to you too! My best Peter

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Karen. I am so, so, so very happy for you. Huge CONGRATS on your tremendous success! I absolutely love what you wrote about the boost of confidence in all aspects of life post-procedure. I felt this way too and even co-workers commented about how happy and different I seemed. I believe vaginismus affects so many aspects of your life and, for me personally, I felt on top of the world and as Dr. Pacik has so many times said, like I wanted to shout it from the rooftops, after I was able to make love and have a pain-free gyn exam and finally achieve these milestones. It felt and still feels like a miracle. I am so, so very happy for you and smile so huge reading this. :):):)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.