Transitioning: Early Intercourse

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Post-Procedure Transitioning: Early Intercourse

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    arose
    Participant

p.s. Since my last post we have changed from an oil based to a water based lube, which is much more slippery… this small change has made the movement side of things much easier!.. perhaps try a change of lube? xx

Palmtree721
    Participant

Thanks for the advice Heather and Arose:) I have been thinking about switching up the lube we are using because it has seemed impossible to keep the level of lubrication where it needs to be. Or maybe layering the different types of lube? Have you found a particular type of lube you prefer?

Nakitalab
    Participant

Hi Palmtree72-1, I am 52 and 37 days post procedure. I have tried many different lubes throughout all these years and found that YES oil and water base were very good, particularly the water based. But after using the surgi-lube in Dr. Pacik’s office, I find that I like it much better. I like the consistency and thickness of it. It lasts longer for us also. But then I am post-menopausal and dryness has been a big challenge for me. I also use the surgi-lube when I dilate. Hope that helps. 🙂

arose
    Participant

I too have been using the Yes lube. The oil based lasts a long time, so I use this when I dilate overnight, as it was good too when we first started having intercourse, as ‘things’ often took their time! It’s also nice as it’s made out of various kinds of butters and can be used for body massage too. Don’t forget now though that the botox is wearing off so the dyness side effect will be as well, so lots of foreplay will help your natural moisture levels, which for many women is sufficient anyway 🙂

Palmtree721
    Participant

Thanks ladies!

Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. In an excellent post today, 2 more tips for transitioning were noted: “Me and my partner have been together for 4 years now and have not been able to have sex with out pain through out our relationship, today we finally managed to because the last few days/weeks I’ve been involving him rather than seeing it as a problem on my end that I needed to fix by my self. It let me gain an incredible amount of trust in him by letting him use the dilator, and he was very sensitive the whole time and would ask me questions through out which I think is an important part in this, communication is everything. One tip that I found to be extremely helpful and enjoyable was that after he would get each dilator in, before moving on he would perform cunnilingus on me at the same time, and I think it helped my body associate the experience of having something inside me with a pleasurable feeling rather than painful, it helped me to relax. Another tip I found to be helpful is to focus on your breathing when it became painful taking deep breaths for a minute or two before moving the dilator made me relax a little so that it became easier for me to progress through the different sizes.”

What additional tips do you have concerning transitioning to intercourse post-procedure???

Heather34
    Participant

This topic is always relevant. Recently, Mandykins had excellent advise for transitioning: early intercourse. Specifically, she wrote:

“I would recommend making yourself as comfortable as possible (even if it means being in the dark and keeping your shirt on), being in control (starting out on top), and going as slowly as possible, and using astroglide or something similar, trying not to pull out too much during and do deeper thrusts instead, and if possible, getting an orgasm through clitoral stimulation beforehand, since any arousal can only help. The first time having sex since quitting birth control I did get myself off first, and it helped tremendously.”

These are great tips. What other thoughts and suggestions do you have here ladies?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.