Travel with Dilators

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Dilating Travel with Dilators

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. Who has experience traveling with dilators? My hubby and I will be flying to visit friends soon. I want to pack one of the dilators in my carry-on bag but would never want to try to explain it to TSA. Does anyone on here have any experience with this? I would love to hear your thoughts, ideas, suggestions.

esperanza
    Participant

Hi Heather,
    I travelled to Europe with dilators and had to go through three airports, therefore three security points. I was stopped at each point, at first it was so difficult and they would open the box etc…by the time i arrived in Europe i would just tap one of the security guards and tell them that i had vaginal dilators and just grew tired of my own embarassment….. One security guard came back and actually asked me out of curiosity what they were again…he had forgotten the first explanation. There is no getting around having to show them because they do look like little missiles so your best bet is to take them out yourself and just call one of the women security people and tell her first and let her deal with it. It will make it much easier.

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

The easiest is to pack them in a suitcase. I always worry about luggage being lost and therefore am prone to taking important things in my carryon.
    You could pack them separately in the carryon, take them out, put them in a transparent bag with a sign that says “medical vaginal dilators”. I doubt TSA will want any further conversation with you! If they do ask, stand proud, stand tall and tell them in no uncertain terms they are for the VAGINA (Stupid!).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.