Vaginismus and Celiac Disease

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Daily Questions About Vaginismus Vaginismus and Celiac Disease

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi all. In a recent internet blog comment, the following was written concerning celiac disease and vaginismus:

“Through a blood test and endoscopy I had done, I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease (an autoimmune disorder). Once I got treatment for my autoimmune disease, my problems with intercourse coincidentally disappeared! It must have had something to do with the high degree of inflammation my disease was causing. Anyway, I know it might sound strange, but for any women out there experiencing pain during intercourse–you may want to ask your doctor about testing for autoimmune disease, and Celiac Disease in particular. I wish someone has told me because it took me years to stumble upon the answer!”

This is interesting and something that I’ve never heard of before. Has anyone else experienced celiac disease along with vaginismus or has treating it helped with painful sex at all? To the Maze team, have you ever seen a correlation between celiac disease and vaginismus?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.