Vaginismus in the Media

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Advocacy Vaginismus in the Media

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hi Everyone!

I was insprired to write today by recessivegenequeen’s post about the vaginismus story line in the Netflix series “Sex Education” (I wrote a blog on the subject before the release of Season 2: http://mazewomenshealth.com/blog/2019/03/05/are-you-watching-sex-education-or-are-you-just-glad-to-see-me/). I’m so grateful to see the topic raised anywhere in popular culture (more honorable mention to Savannah Macgruder, writer/director of “Debbie Does Dilators” and to Noa Fleischacker, creator of the Tight Lipped podcast!). But I also follow some social media accounts that don’t seem to represent a comprehensive view of what it means to have the condition.

What do you all think? Do you follow any particular accounts that you find helpful and supportive? Have you seen the experiences of women and their partners accurately portrayed in film/tv or in print? Please check in and let us know!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.