Vibrators for Beginners

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Aids Vibrators for Beginners

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    AMT09
    Participant

Hi! I have been working on daily dilation after receiving Botox treatment and have been able to successfully insert the largest size in the pure romance set. I am feeling ready to make the transition to intercourse. Up to this point, dilation has felt very clinical. As we make the transition to intercourse, I’d like to try introducing something new to my dilation routine, and I feel like a vibrator could be a great option to make dilation a little more enjoyable (especially since I will be dilating immediately prior to intercourse).

I’m looking for any recommendations for a first-time vibrator. Since I’m new to vibrators, I’d like to purchase both an internal and an external one to experiment with each. Any suggestions anyone has to offer would be appreciated! Thanks!

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Hi AMT09! This is a great question and I highly recommend this strategy – it really helped me on my dilation journey to integrate a vibrator as I was moving into the bigger sizes. It made things feel less clinical and also opened me up more to having things inserted!

I wish I could tell you the brand I ordered several years ago but it isn’t available on Amazon anymore. It’s a “rabbit” style vibrator with both external and internal stimulation parts, which I highly recommend. You can use it just externally or both externally or internally.

Maze (who runs these forums) has a handy video series about choosing the right vibrator, and there’s also a free ebook with specific brands recommended. That would be a good place to start looking! You can see it here:
    http://mazewomenshealth.com/vibrator-series-videos/

AMT09
    Participant

Hey recessivegenequeen! Thanks so much for these resources. Definitely going to check them out!

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Hope it helps! Let us know if you pick anything up that you’d recommend!

Canada59
    Participant

So an internal vibrator stretches the vagina?

mazemelissa

Vibrators can be very helpful for internal massage of the vaginal muscles and tissue.

There are some dilator sets that also have a vibrate option.

The small back and forth motion on the muscle will help to relieve tension. Some women also find the vibration sensation very soothing, and even distracts them from the discomfort.

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

I want to second what Melissa said – using something with a vibrating function can often be way more manageable than just dilators, which (while effective) can feel very clinical. I found that when using larger dilators, warming up with a vibrator first was effective in making the dilators easier to insert and the whole process less tedious!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.