Welcome New Members!

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Welcome New Members!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 224 total)
  • Author
    SJ
    Participant

Dear Heather
    I am new to the Forum and wasn’t sure how to go about creating a new post!
    I wondered if you could please give me some pointers?
    Much appreciated
    SJ

Heather34
    Participant

Hi SJ! Welcome to the Forum.

An example of how to write a new post includes:
    1) Click on the Vaginismus General Category
    2) At the top right side of your screen you will see the “New Topic” feature
    3) Click on “New Topic” and this will bring you to the section where you can title the topic and write your post
    4) Following this, click “Submit” and it will post immediately

Then, should you want to follow your new post, you can do the following:
    1) Click on the new post you have written
    2) On the top right of the screen, you will see the “Subscribe” feature
    3) Click on “Subscribe” and you will now receive e-mail notifications of replies in this thread

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions and I look forward to reading your posts.

klove
    Participant

Hi, I am a new member to this forum. I am very nervous about possibly having the botox treatment. I feel that if I get excited, I will only be disappointed in the end due to nothing seems to work. I have not met Dr. Pacik yet, but he has already made me feel less nervous. He responds right away and is very compassionate. I have been suffering for 16 years and have yet to have intercourse with my husband. We have been together for 8 years and married for 5 years next month. He has been such an amazing supporter and has encouraged me to not give up. He has stood by my side the whole time and has not been irritated or lashed out at me for not being able to have intercourse with him. He understands why it happens and even helped me fill out the questionnaire when I became too embarrassed to finish. I look forward to the future and putting this behind us. This issue has made us much closer. I am not able to even have a routine GYN exam. I usually have diarrhea and the the provider made fun of me and told me i was crazy. Since then I refuse to see a doctor about this.

I enjoy reading the success stories on here and I hope to have one of my own soon.

sandy
    Participant

Hi Everyone!
    I’ve been suffering from primary vaginismus for 3 years now, ever since I got married. I come from a very conservative family, which is why I never attempted intercourse with my college sweetheart till we got married. I am booked for the treatment on May 5th and I’m hoping our lives will finally resume after that since it feels like it’s been on hold ever since we got married. Now that I’m coming closer to the treatment date, I am a bundle of nerves/emotions! Sometimes optimistic that life will (?) get back to normal, fear of the what-if, and stress about simply not knowing what’s going to happen next!
    Anyway, it’s nice seeing this forum dedicated to patients/people suffering from this condition. I hope to be able to get some encouragement from this forum during the process 🙂

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Sandy. Welcome to the Forum and thank you for your post. I am so, so, so, so EXCITED for you to have your procedure coming up next week on 5/5 and I just know it is going to go so well for you. Please know that you are not alone with any of your feelings. Prior to my procedure, I was a combination of very excited and very, very nervous. My hubby and I live in Boston and drove up on the morning of my procedure. When we arrived at the office, I changed and later received IV Verced because of my extreme anxiety of being there. This helped so much to take away the physical symptoms of anxiety that I had so often experienced with GYN exams (i.e. trembling, feeling like I was going to pass out, upset stomach, and so many more). Then, I recall waking up from the procedure with the largest dilator in place and feeling like I had to go to the bathroom. I did this and, in a standing position, was able to re-insert the dilator right back in as the anesthesia was still in effect and it was also liberally coated w/surgi-lube lidocaine mix. This was such a huge moment for my husband and I, however, as it was the first time in my life that anything was able to be inside of me and it did not hurt at all. Then, the level of support that you receive from Dr. Pacik and all of the staff is unlike any other in the world. They all truly make you feel more like family than patients and they are so genuine in how much they care about you and they also all know everything there is to know about the condition of vaginismus. This is so welcoming as so many physicians and clinicians do not. I, again, just know everything is going to great for you next week. Please, please feel free to ask any questions at all that you may have. Also, I invite you to visit the thread: Questions for May and June 2014 Patients: http://www.vaginismusmd.com/vaginismus-md-forum/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=840.0#postid-4277. Currently, there are some wonderful posts from upcoming patients who will also be treated in May and June and is a wonderful support. Please, please know we are all here for you!!!

sandy
    Participant

Heather, I really can’t thank you for all the encouragement and optimism you give to people like me! I can’t wait to come in too and start this new phase. At the same time, I’m anxious about the procedure itself and the outcome. I’m glad to know that I’m not the only one who has anxiety regarding this and that you faced it too.
    We plan on making a vacation out of our trip to NH so I’m really looking forward to that! Yes, it is nice meeting fellow patients on that thread. I will keep you updated on how it goes!

eros
    Participant

Thanks Dr. Pacik and his team for letting me register for this forum. It’s definitely an eye opener! When I asked my therapist if she knows the approximate number of women who suffers from vaginimus, she did not have an answer for me, making me feel like aa freak.
    I’m an Asian woman aged 30, having been married for almost 2 years. If my mum didn’t ask me about my sex life, if she didn’t tell my GP, if my GP is not a Christian doctor who has even wrote a book about healthy sex life, I wouldn’t have been refered to my therapist and treatment.
    I’m using dilators for ‘vagina yoga’. I use something like Pure Romance brand which I have ordered on the net. I’m now working on size 2.
    There was a period I was extremely busy at work and didn’t feel like practising. I have more motivation and started ‘v yoga’ again last week.
    I had an appointment with my therapist and told her about it. She encourages me to keep trying.
    I enjoy reading about ‘all about dilation’ part and find some ideas very useful, like how to relax during the practice and something like dilation diary which you clearly write down the tiny details.
    But she doesn’t suggest me to put a dilator inside me for a long time like someone of you wearing at when you sleep, work or watch a movie. Is it because you have had botox procedure? I don’t understand why my therapist discourage me to do so.
    Thank you for such an mazing platform.

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

Hi Eros
    It is my experience that when dilators are recommended by health care professionals, not enough time is spent dilating. Dilating is like physical therapy, you have to stay with the program to get better. One generally needs to progress to the #5 or #6 (depending on the size of your partner) in order to have comfortable and enjoyable intercourse. More information about correct dilation techniques can be found by linking to http://www.plasticsurgerypa.com/dilators-for-vaginismus-correct-use-2/
    It is also my experience that women who have more severe vaginismus get stuck somewhere around #4 dilator and are unable to progress even with continued physical therapy and determination. These are the women who are excellent candidates for the full Botox program to treat vaginismus.
    It might be best to complete our questionnaire so I can assess the severity of your vaginismus. This might save you a lot of time. You can contact us with the following link[url] http://www.vaginismusmd.com/contact/%5B/url%5D

Thank you for your post, it is important.

Meghan
    Participant

Hello! Let me introduce myself…. I am a graphic designer/artist with my own business called Scrambled Meggs here in Sacramento California. I have two Chihuahuas named Taco and Beans, who bring me constant joy and frustration 🙂 I am married to my BEST friend (we’ve been besties since we were 12 years old) We have been married for 4 years now, and love each other more than ever, but have definitely been through some rough times with dealing and living in a sex-less marriage. I always knew there was a reason why we were going through these 4 years of confusion and pain and frustration…. and I do believe it’s because it led us HERE, to where we have a chance for hope, for the first time that I can remember, the pain we went through and the time that felt “wasted” because I was “broken” made us and will make us stronger people and friends and lovers. I have NOT yet had my procedure, and am usually a very skeptical pessimistic person, but in THIS case, for some reason, I am letting go of that, and I have 100% hopefully and excited and positive that this is the answer that we’ve been waiting for….. I am SO willing to work, and follow any instructions that are given to be the best patient that I can be. I have read all your stories and posts on here, and FEEL for you, from the bottom of my heart…. thank you for sharing, it helps people like me to know I am not alone. I am beyond grateful for a possible answer for us…. and a NEW life, with this very crucial and magical side of being a woman.

Heather34
    Participant

Sending you positive thoughts and support Meghan!!!! :):):)

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

You did great today! You made it seem easy!

galaxygal
    Participant

Thinking of you Meghan, congrats on getting the procedure done!

23years
    Participant

Congratulations!

zibby
    Participant

Hello everyone. I’m new here. I look forward to talk to other people who are going through the same as me, and maybe achieve a little solidarity through this hardship that so many people take for granted.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Zibby. Welcome to the Forum and thank you for your post. I suffered with primary vaginismus for several years until being cured in 2011 and I understand and am here for you always!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 224 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.