What do you think when you hear the word Botox?

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Tips for Future Vaginismus Patients What do you think when you hear the word Botox?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

What do you think when you hear the word Botox? Be honest. When I first heard that there was a Botox treatment for vaginismus, I immediately associated it with plastic surgery as I had always thought of it as a cosmetic aid. When I did thorough research and learned in detail of it’s safety in the treatment of vaginismus, I had the procedure and it was the one thing that worked to finally cure my vaginismus. The entire program worked for so many distinct reasons but I needed the Botox element to get past the wall of resistance that I had always experienced with any insertion. With it being numb, I was able for the first time to comfortably insert the dilators of all sizes and later my husband. In the past, Janet Pacik has written an awesome Blog about the term Botox and it’s impact on women with vaginismus. It is so good and I welcome your comments and feedback after reading.

She writes:

“When people hear the word “Botox,” their mind may immediately go to cosmetic plastic surgery. But Botox is so much more than that. It’s not just for individuals that want to look good – it’s for women that want to finally feel good after years of feeling locked out of life. Vaginismus treatment with Botox is truly a breakthrough procedure that has changed the lives of many women.
    Vaginismus Treatment with Botox

The treatment of vaginismus with Botox has evolved to into a comfortable procedure that can be customized for each woman. Before treating vaginismus, it’s important to understand the level of severity – this aids in creating the correct treatment plan. Less severe vaginismus can be treated in a variety of ways. But Botox vaginismus treatment can be used in both primary and secondary levels of the condition. Combining Botox, progressive dilation, and post-procedure counseling has proven successful for many women.

This vaginismus treatment with Botox program is successful because it weakens the affected spastic muscles. But there’s more than that. Our program includes the all-important dilators or post-procedure support. We’ve seen women get treated with Botox alone – their success rate isn’t nearly as high.”

Thanks for the post Heather. This is an excellent point! Botox is most commonly used for cosmetic purposes, and with it the stigma of being “not necessary” and “vain.” A recent new patient was shocked when I educated her on the Botox Procedure. She was skeptical that it was some sort of a “gimmick” and that is was just “too good to be true.” She has since done some research and with the help of other on the Vaginismus Forum, she know recognizes Botox has an effective and safe treatment for vaginimus.

Great post Nicole. Many people associate Botox with smoothing out unwanted wrinkles. Botox in fact, is used for many different medical problems. Botox helps with migraine headaches, drooling associated with parkinsons disease,strabismus, increased perspiration, myofascial pain, overactive bladders and depression.
    At Maze we witness first hand how helpful vaginal botox is in curing vaginismus.
    As time goes on and more research is done I am certain that botox will have even more health care benefits.

Great post Nicole. Many people associate Botox with smoothing out unwanted wrinkles. Botox in fact, is used for many different medical problems. Botox helps with migraine headaches, drooling associated with parkinsons disease,strabismus, increased perspiration, myofascial pain, overactive bladders and depression.
    At Maze we witness first hand how helpful vaginal botox is in curing vaginismus.
    As time goes on and more research is done I am certain that botox will have even more health care benefits.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.