Worried that I’m cursed with a low cervix

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Daily Questions About Vaginismus Worried that I’m cursed with a low cervix

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Rocyn13
    Participant

I’m sorry if this isn’t the right place to ask. I’m a 35yo virgin whose only sexual experience is through masturbation. I could comfortably insert 2 fingers but always could feel my cervix even when aroused at the tip of my middle finger. Thinking that perhaps my canal stretches further in than my finger could reach, I bought a vibrator of 1.3 inch in circumference and I think 4″ insertable length? My first two times using it hurts and uncomfortable with my vaginal opening burning to stretch far enough to accomodate. Then it couldn’t go in any further before hitting something painful that I assume is my cervix. The vibrator was only inserted about 1.5″ in….

I read that arousal place a great part in stretching the vagina canal but if I can orgasm, is that not even aroused enough? Do I really have a low cervix? Granted I just finish my period so perhaps that is a time where the cervix is low? But throughout the month, I could always feel it at the tip of my middle finger during masturbation. I’m worried and scared to think of my future sex life with my husband if I can’t even accomodate his length.

mazemelissa

Hi Rocyn,

Thank you for the post.

The average vaginal length when not aroused is around 3-4 inches. So not that long. It does elongate with arousal, which ensures for most women comfortable penetration.

Have you had a routine pelvic exam with a gynecological practitioner? They should be able to give you feedback on the positioning of your uterus and cervix.

Even though you can feel your cervix with your fingers only a few inches in, a penis could be different.

Sometimes changing the angle of penetration can help insert further into the vagina.

I think using a vibrator and practicing penetration is a great idea. I would try insertions in different positions and angles and see if that makes a difference.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.