Questions for November and December 2014 Patients

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Daily Questions About Vaginismus Questions for November and December 2014 Patients

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. For those of you who have your procedure coming up in November and December, please feel free to ask any questions at all that you may have pre-procedure. It can be anything at all from what it is like to do the dilating to what fun things there are to do in New Hampshire, Boston, and the whole New England area while you are here. I look forward to reading your posts.

DJ
    Participant

I don’t really have a particular question, but I am a Nov. 17 patient. I’m heading to the Northeast from Missouri with a bundle of anxious nerves. I’ve never had any type of surgery so I’m nervous even about getting the IV in! I’m also worried about how I’ll react to waking up with something inside of me- basically I’ll be the one shaking like a twig the morning of the 17th 🙂

melanie87
    Participant

Hi everyone! I’ll be traveling from Los Angeles to Manchester this weekend for my procedure on 11/10. I’ll be in boston before and New York after. Nothing beats autumn in New England!

Anyways, time seems to be flying by really fast and just recently I started to get really nervous about the whole trip. I too am worried about being put under general anesthesia. Combine that with a fear of needles and the first time being put under… will make quite a nervous wreck right before the procedure. Heather, do you know how long we’ll be sedated for?

Overall, minus the IV and anesthesia, I’m looking forward to the procedure! Trying my best to be positive and not let fear take over 🙂 This will be the beginning of a new exciting chapter in my life and can’t wait to see what the future brings. Hope everyone’s doing well!!

Melanie

viv
    Participant

Eeek! My procedure is on Monday already! I just started to get nervous this week as I have realized it’s sneaking up on me. I am worried about how the dilation will go after I wake up. I reallyreally hope this works! Anyway, I will traveling from Minnesota and spending the weekend in Boston. Any recommendations of things to do there?

Janet Pacik
    Participant

DJ, one of our November 17th patients (see also DJ post above), posted back in October 2014 with a response from Heather, our moderator, that may be of interest to our November/December patients. Follow the link to the topic “Boyfriend, mom and panic oh my” : http://www.vaginismusmd.com/vaginismus-md-forum/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=950

Heather34
    Participant

Hi melanie, viv, and DJ. You all are going to do so, so, so wonderful with your upcoming procedures in November. Please, please know you have my positive thoughts and support. Also, please know you are in amazing care with Dr. Pacik, Janet Pacik, Ellen, Cynthia, and all of the staff. They care so, so very much and can recognize your anxiety plus support you through every aspect of overcoming! Sending you all hugs!!!

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

I look forward to meeting and treating the three ladies tomorrow. A fear of needles is actually quite common. My patients are pleasantly surprised with how easy this is.
    The total time for anesthesia is generally 15-20 minutes during which time you are breathing on your own because of the light anesthetic given. We do not need a tube in the airway for this. Sedation is given ahead of the anesthesia as needed.
    For women who have had treatment-please share your experiences regarding the IV and the anesthetic. It will be helpful to others.

23years
    Participant

The anesthesiologist that was in the treatment room with me during my June 30th procedure was wonderful with great bedside manner. Dr Pacik does nothing without talking to you EVERY step of the way. You don’t even know the moment you are out and it’s like blinking your eyes and its over. It’s that quick.

I was not afraid of needles or anesthesia before but I can tell you it’s one of the better experiences I’ve had!

Heather34
    Participant

Wishing all of the ladies who will be treated tomorrow well!!! Sending you hugs and tons of support!!!

Janet Pacik
    Participant

Today, one of our December 15th patients posted under another category so I thought I would include her link to this thread.

http://www.vaginismusmd.com/vaginismus-md-forum/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=949

Marianna162
    Participant

Thanks Janet! I’m pretty much counting down- looking forward to starting the New Year off with a brighter outlook.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Marianna. I am so, so happy for you to have your procedure coming up in December. I, too, suffered with vaginismus for all of my 20s and early 30s and was finally cured and able to have pain-free intercourse following this procedure in 2011. Please, please know we are all here to support you! Sending you hugs!!!

Marianna162
    Participant

Thank you Heather! It helps so much hearing from people who have been successfully treated- gives me a bit of hope!

Marianna162
    Participant

Just wanted to quickly say thank you for all of the help! I am 4 days post procedure now and am completely floored by what I’m able to do. I actually feel like I have control over my body again and am extremely hopeful for my future. Also wanted to say that I thought the counseling on Monday and Tuesday was very informative and beneficial, and also that Tracy was so helpful and reassuring on Monday. I’ll admit to having a bit of an emotional episode late Monday, but definitely felt so much better leaving the clinic on Tuesday. It was also great being able to talk with the other two women who were there and not feel quite so alone. Thank you again!

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Marianna. This is such a wonderful post! Huge CONGRATS on having your recent procedure. It is so, so wonderful to witness the changes from pre to post-procedure and for my hubby and I, it almost felt surreal but so, so great. Sending you hugs!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.